Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tofu Peanut Stir-Fry


I don't really consider myself a vegetarian because I eat fish and dairy. I don't consider myself a carnivore because, other than fish, I don't eat any meat. I just don't like the texture of it. I'm weird, I know. Before this dish, I didn't like tofu either. The texture thang again. But, I really liked this! Like, I ate it for dinner, then the next day, I ate it again for breakfast and lunch, that's how good it was.



This is an adapted recipe from allrecipes.com:

Tofu Peanut Stir-Fry

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir-fry vegetables
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup peanut sauce
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat, and cook the vegetables until tender. Mix in the ginger, and season with salt and pepper. Remove vegetables from skillet, and set aside.
Place the eggs in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Dip tofu cubes first in the egg, then the cornstarch mixture to coat.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet or wok over medium heat, and cook the coated tofu 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Stir in the peanut sauce and peanuts. Continue to cook and stir until sauce has thickened and tofu is well-coated. Serve with the vegetables.


I also added more peanut sauce and more peanuts. I also served it with Couscous, and it was DELICIOUS!




1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yum! This looks great. I normally don't like tofu either but the texture looks crispy and peanuts make everything taste good!